Kortech Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
80's radio scanner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kortech Forum Index -> Radio Communication Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: 80's radio scanner Reply with quote

I recently acquired this old radio scanner for free. It's a Realistic Patrolman Pro-2025. Looks a bit like a CB.
It is a 16 channel direct entry programmable scanner originally from Tandy. Works just great at picking up the local radio hams. It's designed for mounting in a car but I just use it on a desktop with a home made antenna. It has a built in speaker too. It's a bit dusty but not bad for free.

68-88 MHz
136-174 MHz
406-512 MHz
Discovery
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I remember seeing those in Tandy stores or a catalogue many years ago. It certainly covers the 4m, 2m and 70cm amateur bands. Not bad for free.

Good judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
Barney015

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years ago I used to listen in to the police and aircraft on an old radio set.
I think, and I could be wrong, but when local radio started they took over the police frequencies and the police broadcasts moved to beyond the frequency range of my old radio, so I could no longer pick them up.
I sometimes even picked up the audio of TV channels before they switched from VHF to UHF.

My granddad gave me an old shortwave radio when I was younger and I would spend hours listening to all sorts of far flung stations, including Morse transmissions.
My interest in radio was started by my dad buying me an old crystal set, that shows how long ago that was.

Looks like you got a good bargain John, especially as it was free. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kortech Forum Index -> Radio Communication Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: